Friday, August 6, 2010

First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

We've taken the plunge and officially entered the "adult" world... Eric has a job! He started working for an accounting firm called KPMG in Boise on Monday and boy is he off to a start. He went in to his first day thinking he'd be spending a day or two glued to a computer screen completing training courses, and instead they have him helping finish some massive project that has a very strict deadline. Talk about hitting the ground running. His first day of work he didn't get off until 9:00P and tonight's even worse. He's helping wrap up their big project so they can meet the deadline in Asia, so consequently it's after one in the morning and he's still not home. Oh my heck. The time commitment and hours required for this project is abnormal but if I didn't know any better I'd think they were hazing the new hires or something. And this isn't even supposed to be the busy season. Gah. Here's hoping things mellow out a little sometime soon...

Here's Eric getting ready to head out the door for his first day of work.

Somehow I got lucky and ended up with these two handsome guys. :)

2 comments:

Meg said...

CRAZY! Oh I hope you get to see him before 1 AM tonight! If you ever get bored, you can call us- we're usually up til then anyway with baby Wyatt. :)

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I love the 1st day of work picture of Eric in front of the door (just like school) ;)!! Poor accounting hours during busy season! It's so sad! But, I'm so glad that our husbands have good jobs with good companies!