So in the past month or so, Logan and I have become fans of Sesame Street in the mornings and I tell you what, that show is hilarious! I don't know if in recent years the show has changed much, or if I just didn't catch the pop culture references and celebrity appearances when I was a kid, but this show seems aimed at entertaining parents as much as teaching kids. A recent favorite of mine was the appearance of "Iron Monster", Super Grover's spoof of Iron Man. We turned the show on halfway through the segment, which starred Super Grover all shiny red and gold with a laundry iron for a head, working his magic in the laundromat. The characters kept referring to him as "Iron Monster", but as slow as I am I totally didn't catch the reference until an electric guitar started rocking out when he said his own name. Maybe it's lame but I couldn't stop laughing. Anyway, if the opportunity arises and you find yourself in the room with an episode of Sesame Street, I personally recommend watching. :)

(image from toughpigs.com)
No comments:
Post a Comment