These past couple of weeks have been pretty interesting for us. Eric started the master's program for accounting at the beginning of September so he's been pretty busy between classes, homework, interviewing for internships and working for a professor. I on the other hand was relatively bored and unproductive for about two to three weeks while I struggled looking for a job. I pretty much slept in every day, applied for jobs, waited anxiously by the phone to hear back from employers and read books until Eric came home at six for dinner. It was frustrating and I felt pretty lazy, but I have to admit I did enjoy getting a lot of reading done. Luckily the wife of one of Eric's mission buddies heard I was still looking for a job and helped me get an interview with her employer and tada, starting last Tuesday I'm finally a working woman again. I'm working as an administrative assistant for a company called Mentoring of America, and at the end of my first work week, I feel pretty good about it. I mainly schedule clients which hasn't been too hard, but I've been getting this happy, rewarding feeling helping them out that I didn't get with my last job so it's definitely an improvement.
Besides work and school, we've been enjoying the start of the fall intramural season. Eric's playing ultimate frisbee with "The League of Shadows" again this year, and soccer with a couple of buddies from previous teams. While I can't play many sports right now, I've had a really good time watching Eric's games. His ultimate frisbee team is playing in the upper division, and last night they played a really close game and barely beat their opponents. He then had a soccer game at noon today that went pretty well. I'm not sure if they completely shut out the other team or not, but overall they rocked them. Eric got a number of shots off, including the first goal of the game, about 30 seconds in. It was fun to watch, even though the other team played pretty physical, and somewhat dirty at times.
On another happy note, we felt the baby kick for the first time almost two weeks ago. It generally seems to happen when I'm laying down, but I actually felt it at work yesterday while I was typing. It's been really exciting, and kind of comforting to finally be able to feel our baby. I just worry that being half Eric, it's going to end up kicking a lot and hard by the end. :) We'll let you know in a week and a half when we find out if our little kicker is a girl or a boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment