So a ton has happened since I last wrote (which is bound to happen in nearly 3 months…) so I’ll try and summarize. First and most importantly, our happy little family of two has now grown to a happy, though slightly sleep deprived, family of three. Logan is coming up on three months old and though there are rough moments every now and then (normally during feedings that fall between the hours of 3-5 in the morning), I can honestly say that I love being a mom. I feel like a mom riding an emotional roller coaster, but it's worth it. Before Logan's birth, I couldn't even imagine how happy he'd make me. Seriously. I can’t see him smile without breaking into smiles myself and I actually cried I was so happy watching him hold and shake a rattle for the first time. I’ve traded my heartburn for the pains of breastfeeding but I know that overall I’ve been really lucky. Logan's been a healthy, happy baby and I couldn't ask for more. He's relatively mellow and I have a feeling Heavenly Father knew I wouldn’t be able to handle much more. I’m pretty sure I would have cracked mentally and emotionally if Logan was colicky, which I was really scared would happen. I tip my hat to moms who’ve survived colicky babies.
In the past months, Logan has made a number of changes. He started out as a baby that frequently slept, was content to just be cradled in anyone's arms, could lay for long periods of time just watching a ceiling fan and rarely made noise. He still sleeps a bit, but unless he's really tired he doesn't want to be cradled because he always wants to be able to look around. He's a fan of people singing to him, especially the little bit of the "Elmo's World" song that we know which makes him grin every time. He also enjoys holding his right fist straight out and staring at it. It's kind of strange, but funny to watch and we assume it's a developmental thing.

It's been neat as well to watch and listen as he's become a bit more active. He makes quite a few noises, including the "oo" sound and a goat-like laugh. Hopefully he'll outgrow the latter. He's always liked to swing his arms and legs around, but it's starting to get a little more coordinated as he's grabbing items that we hold out for him. Lastly, I think he's turning into a flirt. He's got the cutest smile and he's definitely learned how to use it. He just flashes his big blue eyes and that adorable smile and it doesn't matter how frustrated I am with him for not eating, I just melt. Logan even uses it on Eric when Eric's frustrated trying to get him to fall asleep. It's a serious weapon. ;)
Here are some random pictures we've taken over the past few months, mainly of Logan (no surprise).
On another note, Eric's internship in Boise these past couple of months with KPMG went well and we've happily accepted a job offer there so we'll officially be moving to Boise permanently in a year or so. When we left I was just starting to get to know my way around so it'll be nice to be able to use that knowledge in the near future. We had a good time living with Camille, Jacob, Jack, Mike and Nate and we're excited to visit again coming up in July, especially since Eric's parents and Emily and Aaron will be back from Mexico that month.
From about mid March to mid April we got to live with my parents and brothers in Washington which was really neat. My mom and dad got to spend some time with their first grandchild and my mom taught me how to better take care of Logan, especially in the bath department (Logan didn't like baths much before my mom helped me out, but now he loves them!). It was fun to watch my two youngest brothers interact with Logan since they've never really spent much time around babies. They got the "opportunity" to change diapers for the first time and they really seemed to enjoy holding him. During our time in Washington, Eric kept busy helping my parents remodel/finish our garage. He helped build cabinets and shelving, install drywall, wire lights, paint and texture the walls, seal the concrete, etc. Here's a picture of him during lunch on the day they were preparing the drywall to be textured and painted.

Here's also a quick video of Logan eating his first Popsicle while we were in Washington.
All in all we had a really good time both in Boise and in Washington, but it's nice to finally be back in our home in Provo. We've really been looking forward to bringing Logan to the house that was our first home together. We've been hanging out with friends, playing intramural soccer together again and hitting up the public library multiple times a week for free movie rentals and kids books. We've only had one soccer game thus far and we've realized that we'll need to hold some practices to get me back in shape a bit so I won't make quite as big a fool of myself in the following games as I did in our last. Oh well, I embrace and need the exercise after many months of near inactivity. Besides that, Eric's just taking a couple of classes and I'm just chilling at home with Logan. Life is good.
4 comments:
I was excited to see your update and to find out that I'm not the only mom who has struggled with breastfeeding. There were so many times that I broke down in tears cuz I just couldn't figure out why they didn't want to eat. Ah the joys of motherhood. We will have to come see you guys in Boise when you move up there. That is exciting about the job and congrats.
Love the update!! I am so happy that you guys are home and happy! love the pictures...and LOVE the video with the popsicle. Too cute!!
What an ADORABLE little boy... Enjoy it they grow fast. As far as the pains of breastfeeding. They pass quickly. The older they get the easier it gets. Go to one of the baby stores they have the best hand free covers. I couldn't live without mine. Congrats again.
Kassey and Jared Koyle
It's about time you put up more pictures of your darling baby!! We really should get together, go on a double date!! That would be so much fun! I'll talk to Matt about it and we'll give ya a call! I'm glad to see that your family is doing well!
Post a Comment